Adventures must be done!

VF Diavolo (4th Nov, 2007)

Reto had asked me if we could get some little outing done on Sunday. I first wanted to climb a peak in order to retrieve a geocache but then decided against it due to time constraints.
Instead I proposed to do the via ferrata in the Schoellenenschlucht near the 'Devil bridge' (thus the Name 'Diavolo' for the VF).
We got to the start of the route by means of a train to Andermatt followed by about 15' walking.
Here we found a mountaineering rope (30m), some quickdrawers and carabiners. Strange. We left them anyhow but decided to pick them up on the way back should they still be there.
The VF was as not very demanding, just as I remembered it; I had climbed it during my officers course in the Swiss Army. Clouds were moving in and a cold wind was blowing up the valley but I felt fantastic today, also thanks to my windstopper that proved itself again.


The Schoellenenschlucht showing the old road and the new one above being protected against rockfall.



















Me about halfway up the VF.







Us at the end of the VF.


After completing the VF we descend to Andermatt and hiked to the start again. Strange enough the climbing gear was gone. From here we continued down the gorge (on a walking trail though) till we reached Goeschenen.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home