Adventures must be done!

SOLA 2008 Relay Race (17th May 2008)

The SOLA is a yearly relay race that is organised by the Academic Sports Club Zurich (ASVZ).
The total length of the trail is 116.74 km and the team consists of 14 runners.
The number of participating teams was a total of about 730, thus around 10,000 persons were taking part!
We had organised a team from the institute of geography, mainly consisting of GIS and GIVA people, thus the name 'GIRunners'.
I had selected the longest of the legs, leading from Felsenegg to Buchlern over a total of 14.27 km with 330 metres ascent and a considerable amount of downhill.

Leg number 5.

Profile of leg 5.


I had quite a good run, feeling very pleased with the time it took me, still, those hill sections were killing me, reckon I'll do some more hill training for the SOLA 2009!

Just a hundred metres to go!

Here some statistics:

Time: 1:12:16
min/km: 5:03
Rank: 473
Median: 1:09:33 (median value of all 730 participants of this leg)


Right, looking forward to next year's SOLA, my new goal is to beat the median!


1 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home